Make This Gorgeous Cake With Strawberries And Vanilla Butter Cream
With summer fast approaching, we thought we would bring you the recipe for a strawberry cake. It is of course best to use fresh strawberries in season, but you could always use frozen strawberries if you can’t get your hands on some nice fresh and juicy ones.
To make a 9 inch (that is 23 cm) round double layer strawberry cake, you will need the following ingredients:
- ⅔ cup (160 milliliters) strawberry puree -about 1 ⅓ cup whole strawberries, fresh or frozen, thawed
- ½ cup (240 milliliters) milk
- 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) vanilla extract
- 3 cups (360 grams) all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon (10 grams) baking powder
- 2 teaspoon (10 grams) baking soda
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 grams) salt
- 1 cup (240 grams) butter
- 2 cups (400 grams) sugar
- 2 large (104 grams) eggs
- 4 large (136 grams) egg white
You will also need some vanilla buttercream. You can find a great recipe here: The Perfect Buttercream Frosting.
To decorate the strawberry cake, you will need some fresh sliced strawberries. You will also need some excess strawberry puree for garnish.
If you would like to do some piping work, you will also need a Wilton #21 tip and piping bag.
To access the written recipe, please click here: Strawberry Cake Recipe.
You can also work along with this great video tutorial.